I got this recipe off of allrecipes.com only it was meant for wings. My husband and I aren't a big fan of wings because there is so little meat and so much annoying trouble to eat at all. I think this is one of my husband's favorite meals and he requests it almost weekly.
Oven-Baked BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
8-10 chicken drumsticks
3 T. butter
1 T. onion powder
5 T. brown sugar
2 T. worchestershire sauce
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. water
2 T. prepared mustard
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion powder, brown sugar, and worchestershire sauce.
3. In a small bowl (or I like to use my 2 c. measuring cup), mix together ketchup and water. Pour into sauce pan.
4. Add prepared mustard to saucepan.
5. Stir with a wire whisk and let simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Place chicken in a baking dish covered with heavy aluminum foil. Pour sauce over chicken.
7. Cook for 45 minutes to an hour.
At about 50 minutes, I usually turn the chicken over so that it can get browned on both sides. This is not necessary as it will be cooked though, its just how we like it. I usually tie this recipe off with baked potatoes and a vegetable of choice. It's nice because the chicken and the potatoes can cook at the same time!
If you are cooking for less, you can go to the link above and use their serving calculator to recalculate the ingredients. The ingredients come out kind of funny like 1 T. and 1/2 t. butter, but at least you aren't making as much. :-D
You can also cook this recipe in the crockpot. Cook it on low for 6 hours. This is a good option if you're not going to have time in the evening, but it tastes best baked.