Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mustard Salmon

This is one of my own creation, although it is not very creative. I'm also not sure of quantities because I just kind of threw it together by taste.

Grading scale: A+

Oh boy how I LOVE salmon! Right now my whole house smells like salmon and it is wonderful! The only thing I will change about this recipe is that I orginally wanted a Honey Mustard Salmon, but my train fell off the track and I forgot to add the honey. I think if I had added the honey this recipe would have gotten an A++! I still like my other salmon recipe better, but this will make for a good variety.

Mayonaise
Ground Mustard
Prepared Mustard
Dried Basil Leaves
Dried Thyme Leaves
Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper

I threw this all together in a small bowl, tasting it every so often until I got the desired taste. Using a spatula, I smothered 3 salmon fillets with the mixture on both sides. I cooked it at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. This made the salmon still moist but more well done. The cooking time is relative to how big your salmon fillet is. Mine were about 6 in x 3 in. The best I can tell you is to cook the salmon until it flakes easily with a fork.

I usually serve all fish with rice and my choice of vegetable (which is usally corn, but sometimes peas). Tonight was Italian Creamy Garlic rice (Rice-a-roni is a life saver because I am inept at making rice).

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin