Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Easy Lasagna

I have been making this lasagna dish since I was about 15 years old. My mom had cancer when I was a little girl, and when I was almost 16 she had to have surgery so I became the cook for about 2 weeks. My next door neighbor Lisa, stepped up to the plate and taught me how to make a couple of dishes, this was one of them.

This is my brother's and my dad's favorite thing that I make. If I were to call them up right now and tell them I was making this both of them would get in their cars and come down right-away. :-D My dad requested that I make this for him as his birthday present, so I need to go up there soon and make it!

Easy Lasagna

INGREDIENTS:
1 lb ground beef
1 16oz carton of cottage cheese
2 1/2 c. of cheddar cheese, grated.
2 eggs
1 jar Classico Traditional Sweet Basil (or the marinara sauce of your choice)
1 box Lasagna noodles*

DIRECTIONS:
1. Boil noodles (or use oven-ready noodles and skip to step 5). Follow directions on the box.
2. In the meanwhile, in a mixing bowl mix together cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese, and the eggs.
3. Brown the meat. Drain. Pour the marinara sauce into the same pan.
4. Once noodles are done, lay aluminum foil down on the counter and using prongs pull noodles out and lay them on the foil to dry slightly
5. Put a layer of noodles in a 9x13 baking dish.
6. Layer: 1/2 cup Meat and sauce, 1/2 cup cheese mixture, noodles. Repeat until all noodles are gone. On the top put cheese mixture and remaining half of grated cheddar cheese.
7. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Shayla Bentley said...

Okay, when you are talking BIG block of cheese approximately how many pounds, cups, ounces, anything is that? Is this 1/2 a pound of cheese or half of one of those five pound blocks?

Shayla Bentley said...

Also, when you are layering does it go: noodles, 1/2 sauce, 1/2 cheese mixture, noodles, rest of sauce, rest of cheese mixture, rest of grated cheese?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin