Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cabbage Casserole

Cabbage Casserole
Grading scale: A-

This one is a little unusual, and it looks kind of gross, but it is really good. My husband is a big fan of cabbage because he grew up eating a dish called Sarmale (Cabbage rolls, recipe to come soon!). I got this recipe from my mom. When she first made this for us, both my brother and I stuck up our noses at it, but after we tried it - we asked for her to make it again. I have made a couple of changes from her original recipe to suit it more to mine and Emi's liking.

1 lb. Ground Beef
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Head of Cabbage (cut up)
1 Onion (chopped)
1 1/2 15 oz cans tomato sauce
1 1/2 c. frozen corn
Top w/cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place cut up cabbage in a pot of water, bring to boil. Let boil until cabbage is softened (I don't have a time on this, but I would estimate about 8-10 minutes.).
3. Drain.
4. In the meanwhile, place onion and ground beef in a pan and brown.
5. In a casserole dish layer cabbage, beef and onion, tomato sauce, and corn. Top with cheese.
6. Cook for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin