Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Review: Chunky Potato Soup and Italian Bread Bowls

Chunky Potato Soup
My Grading scale: B+
My Husband's Grading Scale: A+

"Emi, if you had to give a grade from A to F what grade would you give?"
"A+ Woman, it's really good. You can make this anytime that you want."

I followed the directions exactly and found that I didn't have enough liquid to boil the potatoes and such in, so I added another can of Chicken broth, and then maybe about a half cup of water. Maybe my idea of medium potatoes isn't so medium... but I actually thought they were kind of small... Also, since I added the extra Chicken broth and water, I used 4 T butter and 4 T flour as a thickening agent.

As you can tell from my husband's response, I will be making this again.


Italian Bread Bowls
Grading scale: A-
My husband's grading scale: A

Let me start out by telling you that I am not a baker. I LOVE to cook, but have never been very good at baking. I also do not own a electric mixer, but I do have a hand mixer. Not quite the same thing, huh. My poor hand mixer's motor couldn't take the density of the dough (He'll be alright though after some much needed rest), so I don't think that they were as mixed as they COULD be. It was still really good and I ate my soup in the breadbowl. Emi, who doesn't like "mushy" bread, ate his in a normal bowl and ate the bread along with it.
As you can tell, I had about 5 really good bowls and the other ones were a little strange... oh well. :-D

Can I just say that I am very proud of myself for how good the bread turned out even though I don't have a mixer and I had never made bread bread outside of a breadmaker before.. I'd say I did myself good.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin