Monday, November 24, 2008

Review: Penne Rosa

Click on the title for a quick link to the recipe.

Grading scale: A

This was a really good and really quick fancy smancy recipe. I served 5 people with this recipe and my brother had some leftover for him to take home. I'm not sure that it tasted exactly like the recipe from Noodles and Co, but it was still awesome. Eric (the food snob) said that topped with the feta cheese, it might have been the same recipe.

Here are a few pointers if you're planning on making this dish.

I made "Parmesan Crusted Chicken" to go with the pasta and what I did was I cut the chicken into cubes, rolled it in beaten eggs, and tossed it in some Italian Bread Crumbs that I mixed with some parmesan cheese. I cooked this for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want the chicken more like they make it at Noodles and Co, it would be better to fry it in oil. I hate frying things in oil because I always seem to get burned.

Use the full amount of crushed red pepper recommended (or maybe even more). I used half of what it asked for because I was afraid of the spice and we all ended up sprinkling on a bit more. Do no be afraid of this. I couldn't even taste the red pepper before we put on more and Emi and I are both pretty whimpy when it comes to spiciness.

Don't cut the spinach up because it shrinks quite a bit after you add it to the sauce and heat.

I used Classico Traditional Sweet Basil as my spaghetti/marinara sauce.

Your friends will be impressed!

1 comment:

Heather G. said...

These recipes look great! I'll have to give some of them a try (well the easier ones anyway)! I'm not a big fan of cooking. I like to eat it not make it, but since I'm the one staying at home I gotta tough it out, so any new ideas I will definitely welcome! I love this Blog; you've done a great job!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin