Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Zuchini Bread

I did not like this recipe. I have had Zuchini bread before and I LOVED it. It wasn't that this recipe wasn't good, it just wasn't my cup of tea. This recipe was more cookie-like and I suppose if I had read the description provided that I would have known that and chosen a different recipe. I really wanted bread, not a cookie.

Zuchini Bread

3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins (I don't like raisins, so I left them out)
1 cup walnuts (yet another thing I prefer to leave out)

Combine flour, soda, salt, baking powder and spices; sift, then set aside. Beat oil, sugar and eggs until light and fluffy. Then add zucchini, vanilla, flour mixture, raisins and walnuts. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Makes 2 medium loaves.

I got this here.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin