I LOVE snickerdoodles, but have never made them until about 20 minutes ago. They turned out great, despite my confusion on the cookie dough texture. I will post a picture tomorrow.
Snickerdoodles with Sour Cream
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups plus 1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 cup sour cream
1 cup unsalted butters
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
4 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1. Heat oven to 350ºF.
2. Mix cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar; taste to make sure the cinnamon is not too strong and add more sugar to taste. Reserve.
3. Combine the remaining 2 cups sugar, vanilla, salt and butter in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy with an electric mixer. Add the eggs one at a time, waiting until the previous egg has been incorporated.
4. Beat in sour cream.
5. Sift flour, baking soda, and baking powder together and beat into the butter until they are just incorporated.
6. Mix in the walnuts.
7. Roll, press or scoop the batter into balls the size of golf balls or large marbles; size isn't too important, just make sure they're all the same size.
8. Place on cookie sheets spaced well apart.
9. Generously butter the flat bottom of a glass or other flat-bottomed object like a measuring cup or small pan. *I used all of my butter for the cookies, so I just used vegetable oil on the bottom of a glass
10. Press the buttered surface into the cinnamon sugar, then use it to flatten each cookie ball. A layer of cinnamon sugar should stick to the cookie. If not, sprinkle some on. Repeat with all cookies.
11. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until cookies are puffed and golden and their bases lightly browned.
12. Let cool for a few minutes, serve and savor the flavor of awesome snickerdoodles!