Monday, January 12, 2009

7 Up Chicken Fajitas

This was so GOOD! You can do pretty much anything with this chicken, but I decided to make fajitas. I served it with Mexican Rice, cheddar cheese, sauteed onions, and sauteed green bell peppers in a flour tortilla. The marinade gives the chicken kind of a sweeter taste, but definitely not too sweet. I think this marinade might go well with a sweeter Enchilada like the Honey Lime Enchiladas or even with some Chicken Fried Rice. You should definitely try this out.
Another thing, I don't know about you, but when I grill my chicken, it tends to get a bit harder to chew. This chicken was SO soft to eat, it almost melted in my mouth. Also, I wasn't sure I was going to make this tonight until a bit later in the day so my chicken only marinated for 4 hours and it was FABULOUS! One thing that might have made a difference though is that I cut my chicken into strips before I marinated it. I don't know if this is true or not, but since I didn't have the full 6 hours or overnight to marinate it, I thought it might move a little faster if it didn't have to go through so much chicken. Maybe I'm a dork though, who knows?

7 Up Chicken Marinade

1 can 7Up (or sprite) [I used a 20 oz bottle of 7Up]
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1 Tb horseradish sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts

Blend all ingredients and add chicken. ( I usually do this in a big zip loc bag) Let marinate over night or at least 6 hours, in the fridge.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

This looks GREAT! I've had beef marinated in 7Up and it's always so tender and yummy. I'll have to try this one soon.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin