Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells

I don't know how many times my husband is going to tell me "This is the best food you've ever made." but I have to admit, I really LOVE how much he loves my cooking. He is constantly bragging about it to all of his friends and even new people that he just randomly meets. He is so funny. He also wants me to send pictures of my food to his mom and dad in Romania.
These were amazing, and apparently the best food I've ever made... so I definitely reccomend them. My one complaint is that they are a little time consuming but definitely worth it in the end. I ended up making two 9X13 pans and one 8X8 pan. So that is a lot for just Emi and me, but it would be great for guests or for a party.
I'm sorry I haven't been doing so well with pictures lately. My camera's batteries are dead and my old camera is on the fritz, but I promise to take pictures and repost next time I make this. For a picture just check out the link!

Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells

44 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (That’s about one and one-half 12-oz boxes)
2 c chopped cooked chicken
2 c fresh chopped spinach
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (5oz) package shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 2/3 c.)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tb dried parsley flakes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce

Cook shells according to package directions (be sure to stir every once in awhile so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan and tear apart); drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 2 13x9x2inch baking dishes.
In a large bowl, combine chicken and all the rest of the ingredients except mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella. Spoon into shells.
Spread half of spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dishes. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 10 more minutes.
Makes 8-10 servings.

2 comments:

Pam said...

I love cooked shells - adding chicken is an excellent idea.

Annie Hawkins said...

I love your blog. I have to try out sme of your recipes. I always wondered what to do with spinach so now I have a recipe for it. :D I wish my husband would brag about my cooking, but he always complains. LOL He thinks I should experience more and not follow a recipe esactly how it is. Now I have a food blog as well; I just started it this month. :D

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin