Friday, February 6, 2009

Chicken Garlic Pizza

Last night we had a little change of plans. Originally I was going to make some BBQ pizza, but I just really didn't feel up to BBQ pizza so I went on the search instead. Where I live, we have an AWESOME pizza chain called Papa Murphy's. They make the pizza for you and then you take it home and bake it. It is a little bit less expensive than the regular pizza chains. I was trying to find a recipe that was like their Chicken Garlic Pizza and I found a couple of different ones, but this one sounded the yummiest so I chose it. It didn't taste exactly like Papa Murphy's but it was close and very good! I only differed from the original recipe in that I used green onions instead of red, more garlic, and more tomatoes.

I used the pizza dough recipe found here. I made one change to the pizza dough. I added Italian Seasoning and some dried Rosemary. I think next time I will add some garlic salt to the olive oil when I brush the crust to add some extra flavor. I always have a hard time eating crust because the lack of flavor.

Chicken Garlic Pizza

Ingredients
4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
6 cloves garlic, mashed
1 cup cooked chicken, diced
3 stalks green onion
2 small tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup mushroom, sliced
1 cup mozzarella cheese, part skim milk,shredded
1 pizza dough
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream and mashed garlic until smooth.
3. Spread on the pizza crust.
4. Top with the chicken, onion, tomato, mushrooms and cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is done and the cheese is melted.
6. Top with parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

chadrick said...

We tried this Saturday and it was delicious! We used the other crust recipe you suggested and added the few extra herbs & spices you said, too. The only thing is that our crust was like extra thick!!! But it was still good!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin