Thursday, May 21, 2009

Jessica's Italian Pasta Salad

Hello everyone! I made these awesome 7 Up Chicken Fajitas a couple of nights ago changing them up just a bit with tomatoes and lettuce instead of sauteed green peppers and onions. While thinking of the recipe I suddenly had an epiphany of what I wanted to go with them. Our friend Jessica makes some awesome pasta salad. I immediately texted her to ask her what was in her pasta salad and I anxiously waited for dinnertime to come around. This is a REALLY simple side dish and its SURE not to dissappoint. Perfect for a wonderful Memorial Day BBQ. I'm thinking on Memorial Day I will switch it up a bit and use Cheese-filled Tortellini pasta. Yum!
Emi was so funny as I was making this. I was cutting up the green bell pepper and he wanted me to give him half of it to eat before I ruined it by cooking it. :-P Once I told him I didn't plan on cooking the green bell pepper, he shut right up and just waited for dinner. :-D

JESSICA'S ITALIAN PASTA SALAD
1 lb Rotini Pasta (I used Garden Rotini which had tomato and spinach pasta as well as the regular, it made for a pretty dish.)
1 green bell pepper
4 roma tomatoes
3 stalks green onions
sliced black olives (I use the smallest can possible because I'm not a fan, but it is GOOD in the salad)
Salt to taste
Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing to taste (I probably used about 3/4 to 1 cup)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain pasta and rinse under cold water.
3. Cut green bell pepper, roma tomatoes, and green onions into small bits. Add these and sliced olives in with pasta. Add salt to taste and coat with Italian dressing.
4. Allow to chill to desired temperature.
Source: Our good friend Jessica.

6 comments:

Netts Nook said...

I am with Emi I love green peppers. What a keeper this is. Great pictures.

Heidi said...

I love this kind of pasta salad. We always just throw whatever veggies we have on hand in it and it's always different and always great!

Katy ~ said...

Festive and fun looking. The colors and freshness are so appealing. Perfect sidedish for a BBQ, potluck, whatever!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am so pleased to welcome you and hope that you to stop by often.

Mindika said...

Thanks for you comment on my blog. One of my good friends works at Cucina Tuscana as well. He is the General Manager. His name is Justin. He introduced me to the place about 8 years ago. I used to live downtown and he would call us at closing to come down for free dinner. I've been hooked ever since. It's a great restaurant.

Glad I found your blog. Looks great!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

I just found your blog and am excited to start trying some new recipes! Thank you!

Elyse said...

This pasta salad looks awesome! I'm so glad to have found your blog. It's full of some much yumminess. Can't wait to keep reading more!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin