Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Baked Pork Chops

I made these last night for the first time. You will notice as it gets closer and closer to payday that my recipes get less and less fun. It means that I ran out of my ingredients that I bought for the two weeks until we get paid again. :-D But while this recipe may be a little boring, I assure you it was really good! It was very moist and tender. You will also start to notice that my husband is a sucker for BBQ, and since I don't know how to work our grill, I have to find ways to make BBQ inside.

This recipe kind of surprised me though. I thought it would taste very similar to the Oven Baked BBQ Chicken, but this was less BBQ and more tomato-ie. Apparently Emi was raving about this to our friend Cody last night as well as the Chunky Potato Soup I made a couple of days ago.

I got this from Family Oven. A new site I just found. They seem to be kind of like the google of the recipe world. I put in some ingredients I had and this popped out.

Baked Pork Chops

Ingredients
1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 cup ketchup
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 1/2 lbs pork chops, cut about 1 1/4-inch thick (Mine were bone-in pork chops.)

Directions
1. Combine mustard, flour, sugar and salt.
2. Add vinegar, ketchup and water and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour over chops in a baking dish covered with heavy aluminum foil.
4. Cover the top tightly with foil as well and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

As usual, I topped this off with a baked potato and corn. I am looking forward to trying this out in the crockpot.

My pork cooked for about an hour and 15 minutes. I made 4 bone-in pork pieces.

--UPDATE--

I've now made this in the crockpot and it had quite the different flavor from when I made it in the oven. It was REALLY good and my husband loved it. Here are the instructions.

1. Salt and Pepper pork chops to taste.
2. Place them in the crockpot.
3. Pour mixed ingredients over them.
4. Cook on low for 6-7 hours. (I cooked mine for 8 hours and they were a bit overdone.)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin